April 5, 2011

NBA Betting Advice.

I've made a little bit of money by betting on the NBA over the last 5 years. I have my moments where I also lose a bit, but if you can regularly check results and do a little bit of research each day (I'd suggest about 20/30 minutes), you can be successful. I've started my TAB account in NZ at $20 and i've got it above $1000 on two seperate occasions. I'm not saying i'm a guru, but i'll offer regular advice on what to look at, what to bet on, and free picks for games.

Now you have to have a good source for information for your research. I mainly use Yahoo Sports (the site seems to be quicker than ESPN and NBA.com) although I do use SBR and betus.com to check out other people's opinions. When I bet on an NBA game, I usually stick to covering the spread or doing the total points in a game. I find total points a lot easier to pick dead certs, as there are always 1 or 2 favourable odds each day. For example, Minnesota were playing last week minus Kevin Love, and the total points were quite high, but Minnesota missing it's best player, it was always going to be under.

The thing with the NBA, is that there are usually at least 3/4 games every day, so you can research your options and pick what suits you. I usually do 3/4 bets per day, and as long as you pick up at least 2/4, you're not losing money. With a bit of research you'll start to get 2/3 more often than not, and you can eventually increase your account.

Now there are no games on today due to the college basketball Final Four taking place (I don't know enough about this to bet but if I was, I'd be taking U Conn due to the fact that Kemba Walker looks unstoppable), but i'll get my picks up tomorrow for the NBA games.

I am going travelling for a couple months in two weeks time, so my posting will be sporadic at best, but hopefully we can have a good week or two now, and then we can be ready for the start of the regular season in November later in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment