November 9, 2012

Fantasy football thoughts.

Don't worry Mr Rivers, as fantasy
football owners of you, we understand
your pain.

It is hard to enjoy fantasy football this season. Not once do I go into a Sunday looking forward to seeing my fantasy football team perform. I am always nervous that my players will lay a dud, or one of them will be scratched before the game, or they will be victim of a horrendous performance by the teams QB. I am talking about CJ2K’s and Julio Jones’s horrific inconsistencies, Philip Rivers giving me headaches all season (who thankfully I was able to flip last week trading Alfred Morris/Rivers/S.Smith for Peyton Manning), and playing waiver wire with the TE position all season thanks to Aaron Hernandez’s continuing injury problems!

For all my problems, I am thankful for getting Alfred Morris off the waiver wire to save me from CJ2K’s early season woes. I am thankful that one of my opponent’s internet cut off during the live draft subjecting him to a horrible auto-draft. I am thankful that one of my opponent's first two picks was Eli Manning and Shonn Greene. I am thankful that I have been outscored overall throughout the season, but I hold a stellar 6-3 record.

I am sure many of you have similar stories. For those of you who picked up Maurice Jones-Drew in the second round thinking you have a steal when he takes the field in game two then racks up 150+ yards against the Colts in week 3, only to see him injured already. For every person who took a gamble on Michael Vick there is also the lucky buggers who took a gamble on Peyton Manning. For those of you who gambled taking RG3 in the sixth round are just hoping he holds up to steer you through the fantasy playoffs or for those of you who were wondering if you took the Bears defence far too early in the 7th round are now in..Uh...7th heaven.
Hopefully RG3 is aware of the Madden curse and lets
Andrew Luck take the honous for Madden '14

Just be thankful you paid attention to the dreaded Madden curse and avoided Mr Calvin ‘Megatron’ Johnson (maybe just Supertron or Goodtron this year?). Halfway through the season Megatron has been the biggest bust – with the person drafting them passing on the likes of Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Ray Rice in some drafts.

P.s. Dear John Madden,

As a Washington Redskins fan, I beg you not to put RG3 on the cover of Madden ’14.

No comments:

Post a Comment